Be part of a vibrant and talented musical community at a school devoted to the creation of Music of the highest quality within the surroundings of a fine, purpose-built Music School.
Bespoke musical opportunities are created to maximise pupils’ musical and creative potential.
Recent destinations for Reed’s musicians:
- The Universities of Oxford and Cambridge
- Royal Academy of Music
- Royal College of Music
- Guildhall School of Music and Drama
- Berklee College of Music (Boston, USA)
Performance opportunities at inspirational venues:
Regular large-scale concerts staged at prestigious venues, such as Cadogan Hall, St John’s Smith’s Square and the Royal Festival Hall.
- Jazz and ‘Musicals’ evenings staged at venues like Kings Place, London
- Annual Choir Tour to Europe; recent destinations include Vienna, Bruges, Amsterdam, Cologne and Venice
- Choir performances at St Paul’s Cathedral, Guildford Cathedral, and Cologne Cathedral
Many ensembles including Reed’s Orchestra, Jazz Orchestra, Jazz Improv Group, Chamber Choir, Vocal Consort, Barbershop Group, Wind Band, String Chamber Groups, Brass Ensembles, Wind Ensembles, Guitar Ensemble, Rock Bands and more.
Regular performances and competitions
- Invitation Concert Series giving Reed’s musicians the chance to perform with top professional musicians. Recent visitors have included Chris Difford, Matt Dunkley, David Hackbridge-Johnson and the Jeremiah Brothers.
- Concerto performance opportunities
- Annual House Music Competitions
- Annual Third Form Music Show
- Strings, Brass and Woodwind Schemes
- A level and GCSE Recital Evenings, often at Steinway Hall, London
- Reed's Musician of the Year for Lower and Upper Scholars
Many of our top musicians combine their studies at Reed’s with Saturday programmes at the top London conservatoires such as the Guildhall School of Music and the Royal College of Music.