Additional Sport - Squash
Squash at Reed’s is promoted to all pupils with a skills test for new First Form (Year 7) pupils and also as an activity option up to the Third Form (Year 9), encouraging participation from an early stage using the two squash courts in our Sports Centre. Players who stand out are handpicked to attend sessions for further coaching and development. Squash is also included as an option in timetabled games lessons for the Fourth to Sixth Forms (Years 10 to 13).
Elite players are supported by our High Performance Programme along with an individual programme of coaching with our professional coach, Phil Rushworth, who is a Level 3 Qualified Coach and ex-international player. Phil is also the South East area coach, current men’s Surrey County champion and has helped to develop players to become county champions and even selected to attend national training camps. His links with Wimbledon Racquets and Fitness Club enables Reed’s to use their excellent sports facilities and to observe and train with some of the South East’s best junior and senior squash players.
We regularly play inter-school fixtures in the Surrey League along with matches further afield, when competing in the Nationals Schools competition.
- National Trophy U15: Runners Up (2017)
- 2nd round of the National Schools U19 competition (2015)
- National Trophy U19: Runners Up (2014)
- 2nd round of the National Schools U15 and U19 competition (2013)
- Surrey Schools Squash Open Tournament: 3rd Place (2012)
- Surrey Schools Squash Open Tournament: Runners Up (2011)
Roll Of Honour
- Sam Exelby: County, regional and national ranking
- Elliott Laville: County ranking